What are essential oils?
Essential oils are a volatile aromatic compound that protects plants, give plants their distinctive smells and play a role in plant pollination.
Volatile aromatic compounds are small organic molecules that tend to change quickly from their solid or liquid state to a gas at room temperature (hence being called “volatile”). When you open a bottle of essential oil, you’ll instantly notice the smell and it can be quite strong so that you can smell it a mile away (ok maybe not a mile but you get the picture). The type of volatile aromatic compounds present in an essential oil determines both the oil’s aroma and the benefits it offers.
Essential oils can be used for a wide range of emotional and physical wellness applications.
As shaman, I’m pretty sensitive to feeling the energies and the vibrational frequency of things.
I’ve tried a couple of essential oils on the past and when I was introduced to doTERRA oils, I was struck at how high vibrational these oils are. Let’s just say all I had to do was put one drop of Frankincense on the roof of my mouth and boy could I feel how powerful it was! I’d never had that experience with the other brands of oils that I had tried in the past.
So given that, I regard doTERRA oils as being a very pure essential oil. Given its purity, it really heightens the inherent healing power of the particular plant so you’re really getting bang for your buck. doTERRA has a pretty extensive and rigorous testing process that ensures that their essential oils are pure, potent, and the consistency and outcome remain the same.
How do I use them?
Here’s some ways to use the oils:
- Diffusing the oils: Place a few drops in an essential oil diffuser to creating a nice ambiance in a room or to get rid of those pesky scents from cooking or your pets.
- Topical use: You can use some oils topically by rubbing them directly into your skin, however be mindful as there are some oils that shouldn’t be used topically on its own but should be diluted in a carrier oil like coconut oil. As a massage therapist, I will sometimes mix some drops of essential oil with my massage oil and rub that into my client’s body.
- Chemical-free home cleaners: If you want to get rid of chemicals in your home, you can use essential oils to give you DIY home cleaners a nice smell. Tea tree essential oil is great to get rid of bacteria, and I use this in my all purpose cleaner. Other great oils are lemon, lavender and peppermint. I even use some lemongrass oil or the Purify oil in my laundry to give it a nice scent (as I use soap nuts instead of the detergent).
- Injesting the oils: Only do this for pure oils and make sure that they are suitable for injesting.. but oils like lemon oil are great in a glass of water. I even use the Wild Orange oil in my cacao bliss balls.
- Put it through your aura: This is the energy healer in me – I rub a few drops in my hands and brush it through my aura (or my client’s aura). A lot of the oils have spiritual and emotional/mental qualities to them as well!
Experiment! You can create your own blends and see what works for you. I’ve had my own share of terrible smell combinations and some really nice ones.
How much do they cost?
See below for the Australian price list (prices subject to change). You’ll see that there are 2 prices, one which is wholesale, and one which is the retail price.
I sell the oils at the retail price, but if you would like to know how to get the oils for the wholesale price, keeping reading below!
A shipping fee of $7.95 applies to each order.
Check out the Australian price list here.
I want to buy the oils at wholesale. How do I do it?
You have a few options:
- Purchase an enrolment kit like the Home Essentials Kit. These kits come with the free wholesale account; or
- Pay $35 to open your own wholesale account without purchasing an enrolment kit.
If you have a wholesale account, you’re not locked into buying or selling the oils – it just gives you access to the wholesale prices when ordering the oils for yourself.
The wholesale account covers you for 12 months only and then there’s a $25 yearly renewal fee if you want to keep the account. When you renew your wholesale account, you get a free bottle of Peppermint oil, which is valued at around $35 RRP.
How do I order?
It’s pretty simple! Here’s the options:
Ordering through me
Feel free to contact me and I can arrange for the oils to be ordered and delivered to you, or you can come and pick the oils up from me from my various clinics. I’ll let you know when the oils are in so you can come and pick them up.
You can buy them online here or by clicking the images below. You’ll just need to click through a few screens, set up your online account, place your order and the oils will be delivered straight to your home.
Wholesale account set-up and orders
If you opt to get a wholesale account, you’ll need to contact me first so I can enrol you into it, but after that you’ll be set up with your own online account portal and you can just order your oils through that.
Remember, a shipping fee of $7.95 applies to all orders.